In addition to writing, I also review a handful of books and stories each month on my YouTube Channel. I cross-post these reviews to Amazon, Goodreads, Smashwords (if applicable/I have a coupon). In addition, I set aside some time each evening and sit down with a book and Twitter, and live-tweet my reactions. It’s a pretty popular thing, people are amused and enthralled by no-spoiler live tweeting.
Does this sound good to you? I am presently ACCEPTING submissions for both novel-length and shorter works. Of course, there are a few guidelines and other things to keep in mind:
- I only accept finished works that are available to the public. ARCs are alright, as long as it’s how the book will appear to the public once its available.
- I prefer Smashwords coupons or Kindle format. I will also do hard copies and be very flattered if you offer.
- I can’t give estimates about when I can have the review done, as I have a list and nobody jumps the queue. I read pretty fast and all, but life happens. I will wedge shorter works between novels, but novels go strictly in first come first served territory.
- I reserve the right to decline to review a book for whatever reason, but especially typos and lack of editing/understanding of the English language.
- My preferred genres: Science fiction, fantasy, horror and their sub-genres. I’m open minded towards thrillers, mysteries and some non-fiction. I do not read: erotica, romance, poetry and YA, even if they overlap my preferred genres.
- Please wait for me to accept before sending me coupons. I love free stuff, but want to know who its coming from.
I think that just about covers it. You can hit me up on Twitter or in the comments if you have questions.